Friday, March 9, 2012

Welcome Little One - Day 15

Happy Friday!

I am extremely proud of the following project because it is completely out of my typical crafty zone.

I just started learning how to use stamps. If you believe it, this is only month number two since I began the crafting journey. Before this I have worked with them very minimally (kindergarten projects - minimally). I love trying new things. I could not have been happier with the result and it was relatively simple in retrospect.

I used a skin toned paper to stamp the baby and then colored her with Copics. I then stamped "Welcome Little One" on the background paper and used a Fiskars circle punch to create the look. I then added them to the already decorated background, added some twine around the edges and added some prima flowers in the left corner for extra pizzazz.

I hope I never stop trying new things! Even if I don't create something beautiful at first, practice makes perfect. Experiences like this are a good reminder of that, for me!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy!









Supplies:
  • Shabby Chic - Sweet Pea Stamp Set
  • The Twinery - Twine
  • Prima Flowers
  • Memento Ink Pad
  • Martha Stewart Lace Pack
  • Fiskars Corner Punch
  • Fiskars Trimmer
  • Fiskars Scallop Circle Punch
  • Tim Holtz Grunge pack
  • DCWV Matstack
  • Copic Markers
  • Buttons
  • Ribbon Spool
  • Fabri-Tac

8 comments:

  1. Jennifer, what a darling baby card! The stampset is so cute.

    Beth Hillier
    Mytimetoplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable new sets and I really like your card, super cute, tfs...Kim (kim.scrapper@yahoo.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you bought some Copics. ;o)

    That Build A Cake set looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card-Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete